These came up backwards...but oh well. Audrey is nine months old! Holy Cow! In this picture she's sittingon one of the chairs that I got for a dollar a peice at a yard sale. Now I just need to re-cover them. Behind her are our newly painted green walls! Yes, we had to paint the trim too...it was a VERY long process! The front room looks a million times better now though! Audrey is standing up now. I don't think it will be too long before she's walking.
We knew that once we moved to Memphis, we had to break Audrey of sleeping in our bed. The first couple of night were so heartbreaking, but it worked...and now she sleeps the whole night! Anyways... the first night, after Audrey had cried for about 30 minutes we went in after she had stopped and found her like this. It totally broke my heart! She had been standing up holding onto the rails while she was crying and had finally just given in and fallen asleep. Yes...she's wearing University of Utah Pj's for boys.
ok...now things get icky. This is the spider that we found by our front door. It might not look too bad in this picture...but let me tell you...it was horrible! This thing was seriously like 3 inches long. I still get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. It's dead now...hopefully it didn't lay eggs before that.
Sorry for the graphic picture...but COME ON...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! This baby was IN OUR HOUSE!!!! And those aren't 12x12 tiles, they're 20x20 tiles! Luckily I was still in St. George when Mason found this. I still can't open any cupboards without being freaked out. Also, apparently snakes are protected in Tennessee, so no one tell on us! Mason went around the whole house and sealed any holes he saw even any tiny holes, so hopefully we won't be seeing anymore of these. Our neighbor who has lived in his house for 30 years said that he has never had a snake in his house, so hopefully this was just a freak thing. Also, our house was empty for about a year before we moved in, so I'm sure there were a lot of other critters living inside. (Luckily, I haven't seen any critters or even and bugs inside since I've been here).
This is our beautiful house! So far things are going really good for us here in Memphis. We have already made a lot of friends. There are about 15 students in Mason's class that are either Mormon or came from BYU. Our ward is amazing! I have never had so many people come up to me to welcome me! It takes us about a half hour to leave church cause people are just lined up to talk to us. Fixing up the house is going pretty good too. We've only got the front room done so far, but we're planning on painting our bedroom this weekend. I'll get before and after pictures up before too long.
We are enjoying our time in Memphis so far, but we really miss all of our friends and family!

8 comments:
Eeeeeeeeeewwwwww!!! I HATE SNAKES!!!! I'm so glad you weren't there to see it in person. Poor little Audrey...I'm glad she's adjusting to her OWN room. SO sad. We miss you guys!!
Looks like you guys are doing well :) Excited to read updates!
Wow, those are quite large critters. I'd be scared too. I'm so glad your safe and happy. Miss you!
I think that spider is the scariest thing I have ever seen! I'm glad you're enjoying it there though! We miss you!
Holy crap. That is a jungle!! Wear shoes at night or something. Such a darling house though! Glad you are all doing good ...
Oh man. It turns out that was the last spider of its kind and IT DIDN't lay any eggs yet. Welp, scratch that sucker off the endangered species list...
Your little girl is so cute! I love your house too! Hopefully you won't find anymore "pets" around the house!
Better than sealing up holes to keep snakes out. . . there are 2 products you can buy. #1 is "snake away." Not very expensive. Lasts most of a year. We had to get it because we were getting baby COPPERHEADS in our yard. Yep, tiny poisonous snakes where my kids play. Works really well. if you can't find snake away, moth balls work too. Good luck!! I HATE the big creepys of the south!! Thankfully, I'm back in the north!
Post a Comment