Monday, August 9, 2010

Music = Memories

I stole this idea from my sister, but I love it.  I absolutely love music.  Music can bring back the most vivid memories.  Here’s a list of some people I love and the songs that remind me of them. =) It will be lengthy…bear with me.

Kristi

*“Be Our Guest” yep, from Beauty and the Beast.  She got the soundtrack when she was really little and listened to it all the time!

*Theme song to Spongebob Sqarepants.  The very first line was in one of her drill team dances.  It was an awesome dance!

* “Lovers in Japan” was on her wedding video and made me cry.  I love Coldplay!

Scott

*Dave Mathews Band anything, but especially because “Crush”.  The cd player in the old Camry was very fussy and seemed to really like thing song in the mornings on our way to school.

*"Bubbly Toes” by Jack Johnson.  He really got into Jack after his mission.

Robyn

* The soundtrack to “16 Candles”, especially the song at the very end of the movie when they kiss.  Robyn used to play this soundtrack all the time in the morning while she was getting ready for school while me and Kristi were still trying to sleep =).

* Anything Erasure.  The very first tape I every owned was Robyn’s hand me down Erasure tape.

* Fiona Apple.  Robyn introduced me to my love, Fiona Apple. Ah, Fiona.

I think I was a little too young to know what my older brothers were listening to.

Friends From High School

There are a few songs that remind me of you  guys as a whole as well as songs that remind me of each of you individually.

All of You

* “Yellow” by Coldplay. LOVE this song.  Remember when we used to ditch out on FHE, squish 10 of us in a 5 seater car and blast this song? Good times!

* “Lean on Me”.  We thought we sang good.  Yikes.

Angie Creamer Melville

* “Safety  Dance” by Men Without Hats.  Slamming the brakes to the beat of the song= good times.

* “Heartbreaker” by Mariah Carey.  It was on a cd that you made me, and I swear it was always on in your car.  (But probably the only Mariah Carey song that was EVER on in your car).

Ashlee Ann Bowler

* “Wake up and Smell the Coffee” by the Cranberries.   I remember when you learned to play this song on the guitar and we’d all sing along.

* “Take on Me”, by Aha.  Long car ride with this song on repeat while we sang at the top of our lungs. 

Cami Jennings Kidd

* “Walk this Way” by Run DMC and Aerosmith. This was our traveling song.  Once on the way to Vegas, there was a horrible accident and we were stuck on the freeway for more than an hour.  Everyone was out of their cars and talking to each other.  It was crazy!

* “Is Anybody Home”, by Our Lady Peace. You introduced me to this song in the High School parking lot in the golden rocket. 

Michelle Everett Stauffer

* “Iris”, by the Googoo Dolls.  This was your ultimate slow dance song.

Amy Brown Heaton

* The entire Parachutes cd by Coldplay.  “It’s just so mellow!”

* “Pop Goes the World” by Men Without Hats. This one goes WAAAY back! I was so impressed when you told me that your brother could play this on the keyboard!

* “Blister in the Sun” by The Violent Femmes. Remember when we saw them live in Salt Lake? It was the first time that I brought Mason around you guys.

Camille Gardner

You won’t get this one, but it’s “Whenever, Wherever” by Shakira.  I always listened to this song while I was getting ready for our softball games.  Oh, and you liked to shake your hips like Shakira…just kidding.

“Jamaica, we have a bobsled team” ;).

Caroline Melville

* “Orange Crush” by REM.  You made mye an awesome REM cd, and then we went and saw them and got beer all over our pants…the beer wasn’t even ours!!!

* Anything by Third Eye Blind, but especially “10 days late”.  This was the best concert ever! Up until Coldplay, that it!

Nika Bryant Ames

* “How Great Thou Art”.  We sang this at your baptism.  Everytime we sing it at church, I think of you!

Katy Savage

* “Conga Beat” by Miami Sound Machine.  You danced with Vaughn Cottam  to this song during an assembly…it was hilarious!

College Roomates

We were all about music! Music ruled our nights and our weekends!

Sarah Seitzinger Pedro

* Keane’s first cd.  We always listened to this when we would go on long drives at night…to Preston.  Good times, good convos!

* “Cuba” from the Dirty Dancing Hav,anna Nights soundtrack.  Girl, you could GET DOWN to this song!

* Hasenpheffer and the Bombdiggity,  Ooh, Hasen…your the groove in my hips.. HIPS HA!

Jill Whitney

*Butt Rock. Need I say more.  No, I don’t think so!

*The soundtrack to Rent. I head this coming from your room all the time! Can you believe that I still haven’t seen it!?

Christin Bott

* “Banana Pancakes” by Jack Johnson.  Oh, how you loved Jack!

* Somebody SAAAAAAAVE Me! The theme song to Smallville.  Man, we loved that show! He was so hot!

Meghan Slorah

* “Fix You”, by Coldpay…thanks Megs!

Mason, my Love

* “Fishing In the Dark”,  we listened to this song on our way to find our super secret fishing spot up Logan canyon.

* “You and Me Song”, by The Wannadees.  This song was on the video that you used to propose to me.

* Anything by OutKast.

8 comments:

Elise said...

yikes, sorry about the typos!

Robyn S said...

Aaaah. i love music! my songs are the best ones. j/k sorry about listing the titanic song on my page, but let's face it...that was a long phase you guys went through. (but a very cute one)

Camie said...

Now that was an AWESOME post!

Cannon said...

That's where a bunch of those songs came from! I still have the disc Amy made me when we went to our first Coldplay concert. Changed my life forever. So good...

Angie Melville said...

I knew you'd put safety dance for me. Good times. Also I would like to say how embarrassed I am that heartbreaker reminds you of me. Unfortunatly...I still like that song. Thanks for the post it brought back lots of happy memories!

jill said...

love this!!

Megs said...

awwwww, Lisey! I love you! Fix you all the way baby!!

Crystal said...

This was fun to read. It made me think of you girls in high school. You were such an awesome group. It's crazy to see you all so grown up (this coming from someone MUCH older than you :)