Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Tourist in my own Town

The inside of the dome at the Capital...Pictures don't really do justice. Mason and I at the Capital The reception room at the Capital...this room was gorgeous! The walls are lined with gold silk! Mason praying to the Joseph Smith Sphinx at Gilgal Gardens
Today I felt like a Tourist in my own Town. Mason's dad, brother and brothers in law came to Salt Lake to go through the newly remodeled State Capital Building. Call me a nerd, but I really wanted to go and I had a lot of fun! After we went to the State Capital, we stuffed our selves silly at Chuch a Rama (mind you I went with a bunch of guys) and then we went to the Gilgal Gardens near downtown. This is a sculpture garden of works by a man named Frank Child. They are all religiously themed. The sculpture garden was interesting to say the least.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky to have wholesome things to go and see. There's nothing good here and everytime our friends or fam come to town they want to go on the strip. I just do not get the attraction.

Kari said...

Well I've stalked your blog as well. :) I know that no one would stalk us, because we are very boring people! Tell Mason hello from me.

Emily & Rayden said...

we saw your sister today at the tsc and talked to her for a while. she's so cute and nice!! andrew blackwell was with us when we saw her. he was like WOA she looks just like elise! how are you and mason doing by the way? do you like your sewing machine and cricket? i was meaning to ask you that before...

Julie said...

Hey Elise! Just got your little message! Thanks and good to hear from ya! So I guess my Business name is a little missleading because I don't make jewelry, I actually make slings, tag blankets, headbands, clips, belts... odds and ends. You can check it out at www.BabyBeJeweled.Etsy.com if you would like. But if you or your sister wants something, email me and I will give a better deal, the online prices are more than the local prices :) babybejeweled@hotmail.com

Glad to see you updated you blog too :)
-Julie