Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Quirky Quirks
Sarah tagged me...I couldn't think of six quirks that I have so I decided to do three about me and three about Mason...enjoy!
1. I have to pop my elbows constantly throughout the day. Maybe it's a tick...I don't know. If I am in a confined space and can't move my elbows to pop them, I get extremely anxious and can't think about anything else until they are popped....and then, ahhh...relief.
2. I have to follow the same routine while in the shower. I mean EXACT! I'm starting to sound more and more OCD as I write these!
3. This one drives Mason crazy...I never laugh out loud while watching TV. I don't know why...I think a lot of shows are hilarious...I'll smile...but it has to be extremely funny for me to laugh out loud. Occasionally I will make a "tst" sound when it's funny, but usually not.
1. Mason has to check to make sure the door is locked about three times before we settle in for bed. He will check it again even though he knows for SURE that the door is already locked. Most nights he will have me check the door too. Mason said that he didn't start doing this until we got married...I wonder how many times he will check the door after the baby is born!
2. Mason gets kidney stones all the time! They always seem to come when we are in St. George too! Mason drinks at least 64 ounces of water a day and has majorly cut back on his soda...not drinking any with caffiene most of the time...and he still gets them! We have tried cathing them to get them analyzed, but he also seems to pass them all at school. Yikes! Needless to say, we never go overnight ANYWHERE without taking some major prescription pain pills!
3. Mason does not procrastinate! Me, being the biggest procratinator in the world, find this amazing. During school, I put off most papers (yes, even 15 page research papers) until the night before...and still got A's may I add.
Mason will start working on a paper WEEKS before it's due and often has it done about a week before it's due. Mason started working on his Optometry school application essays MONTHS ago... but they are awesome and Mason gets extremely good grades! Hopefully our kids take after Mason!
I tag....Michelle, Robyn, and Kristi...who hasn't updated her blog in months...get on it!
Please excuse spelling errors...it's way too early in the morning to be at work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mason sounds like the OCD one. Have you seen that True Life episode on MTV about OCD people? It's crazy.
I really like your no-laughing-at-the-TV thing. Do you watch Scrubs? When Mandy Moore was JD's gf on it, she never laughed but always said, "That's so funny." It was funny. Joke intended.
Ha ha!! I love the quirks. That makes me feel a little more normal.
Post a Comment