Audrey has done amazing transitioning into her big girl bed! Pretty much once she’s in her bed, she stays. Her favorite feature about the bed is the step stool that Mason made. She CANNOT be helped into her bed…she had to get up using the stool!
The only downside so far has been her waking up earlier. We put a child lock on her door so she can’t get out, so she ends up playing in her room for a good 30 minutes every morning before I have to energy to walk up the stairs to let her out(give me a break…I’m pregnant!).
During her 30 minutes of playtime, she absolutely DESTROYS her room! I cleaned it up a few days ago, but realized it’s just a waste of time cause it will be a mess again within hours!
Audrey…on the stool… showing off her huge mess.
Close up of what she’s wearing. A cowgirl fairy…interesting.
Yikes
Playing her fairy wand like a trumpet.
Seriously?! Maybe she has too many toys?
This used to have bins full of toys on it…she decided to take all the bins down and dump them out.
I thought I’d put a picture of her bed-time staples. 1. Huge Dora pillow…absolute must! We contemplated taking her to Utah with us for Christmas. I’m pretty sure that Audrey blesses Dora every night when she prays. 2. Two pillows for her head. One she actually puts her head on…the other one keeps her from hitting her head on the headboard. We learned the hard way that Audrey tends to migrate north during the night. 3. Pinky Pie. She’s the “my little pony” creature on the green pillow. She got this from Aunt Robyn. Pinky Pie HAS to be on the bed when she goes to sleep! Pinky Pie also talks. This is usually how we discover that Audrey is awake in the morning…we hear “Pinky Pie Hungry” over the monitor. 4.Green Body Pillow. This is mostly for safety. There’s a huge gap in between the bed and the wall and we only bought one safety rail. The body pillow has been working really well at keeping Audrey on the bed. 5. An assortment of books. We don’t put Audrey to bed with books, but in the morning we usually find 2 or 3 in her bed.
Showing off her princess shoes.
Next on Audrey’s to-do list:
1. Binky gone (heaven help us)
2. Potty Training (heaven help us more!)

4 comments:
I am sure her Daddy got her the cowboy hat, oh how that kid likes his cowboy hat and boots. I am glad....and surprised....she stays in her bed, I learned the hard way, how hard it is to get kids to go back to their beds when they start sleeping with mom & dad.
That girl is getting WAY too big. I miss her so much!
that is awesome that Mason made the bed!! She is so big, these are great pictures!
She is so pretty! Love her bed and all the fun stuff in there!! That is a hard transition for them. Good luck with the binkie and potty training! I missed out on the binkie thing ... my boys hated them.
Post a Comment