The time has come to get Audrey used to a big girl bed. I can’t believe she’s actually old enough! We looked around quite a bit for a bed and we couldn’t believe how expensive they were! We found some plans online and decided to try to build the bed ourselves. We couldn’t be happier with the end results…plus we saved a couple hundred bucks too!
Mason getting the saw ready. See the pile of wood in the background? That’s what turns into the bed. We actually made the bed right in Audrey’s room. We weren’t too sure how heavy it would be and if I would be able to really help get the bed upstairs once it was built.
Audrey holding the measuring tape for Mason. She actually helped a little! She was really good at handing the screws to Mason.
And then, she got a little bored of helping and decided to kick back and read a book while Mason continued to slave away on the bed.
Headboard built, but not yet painted.
Headboard painted, assembling the rails.
so close….
Mason had taken his shirt off at one point and this was Audrey’s attempt at taking hers off.
Ta da! All done!(With the exception of a super cute comforter!) Mason even used some of the extra wood to make a step stool.
Audrey trying out the bed for the first time. She stayed in it for about 5 minutes before she got out and started playing with her toys. We put her back in her bed about 4 times before she got put back in her crib. It could be an interesting week! And, yes, she still has a binky at night time…that’s another problem for another day!
All in all, making Audrey’s bed was really fun and actually went up a lot faster than we thought it would. I think we might end up making a bed for each of our future kids too. One thing that was really cool, is that Mason wrote a message to Audrey on the bottom of the bed that she will be able to find some day!

5 comments:
The bed looks really good! Also, where did you get your comforter? I really really like it. Too bad I just bought a new duvet and duvet cover.
I'm impressed Mason! You are turning into Dad and Travis. Did she fall out of it yet...it's a long way to the bottom :)
I am way impressed....and jealous. I think Mase should make one for his nephews too...hint, hint!! Now on to the super cute comforter..... :)
I figured I better comment or I might be deleted, Cath and I always read your guys blog too. The bed looks great, good job Mase. You Da Man..
That bed looks amazing! You guys/Mason did a great job! You look fantastic, too. So cute! I can't believe how big Audrey is. Probably because it has been forever since I have seen you guys. Sad.
Post a Comment